Many homes and public buildings have Original Wood Floors hidden away under an existing floor covering such as carpets and vinyl just crying out to be revived and restored to their former glory.
Naked Floors are proud to have been involved in some of the most exciting property restoration projects both commercial and residential in some of the finest period properties dating back to the 18th Century.
Naked Floors-Wood Floor Restoration services include the replacement of damaged floorboards and parquet blocks; where possible we source reclaimed floor boards or parquet blocks to match the existing colour of the Original Floorboards or Parquet Floor.
No matter what the condition of your floor, we have the experience and know how to transform your floors back to their original glory so they can be included as a main feature of your period property.
Whether your floors are collapsing in a corner, need completely uplifting and relaying, sub floor joists replaced, a few boards or Parquet Blocks missing or black perimeters, left by the Victorian’s when they used to paint the floor edges black and place rugs in the centre of floors, we will transform your floors.
Naked Floors will evaluate the condition of your existing floors and provide a quote for the restoration of your Wooden Floors.
Unfortunately on some occasions old wooden floors are far beyond restoration mainly due to damage caused by dry or wet rot and the infestation of woodworm. The cost of restoration therefore outweighs the cost of installing a new wood floor.
The cost of purchasing reclaimed Victorian, Regency or Georgian pine floors for example can work out more costly than the price of New Oak Floorboards, further more reclaimed floorboards are becoming more and more scarce and therefore hard to come by. This is due to fewer old properties being demolished which floorboards are rescued from.
Wood floor restoration involves a lot more work than Sanding Floorboards and therefore should not be confused as a floor sanding project which is only a mere part of a wood floor restoration project.
A typical Restoration Of Wooden Floors project will involve all of or part of the following:-
- Removal of carpets or other floor coverings that suffocate wood floors.
- Removal of hardboard placed under Carpets which involves pulling up and then tediously removing hundreds of staples or pins that hold the hardboard down.
- Identifying floorboards that require replacing due to Woodworm infestation, dry rot or wet rot.
- Replacing or re-alignment of floorboards butchered by plumbers and electricians who have no respect for aged floorboards and are only interested in gaining access under floors to install pipes or electric cables. Specialist cutting tools are required to take up old boards without damaging them; electricians and plumbers don’t seem to want to invest in the necessary equipment.
- Fixing down loose floorboards.
- Up lifting of floorboards to gain access to sub-floor timber frame work for inspection of joists for woodworm damage.
- Replacing timber Joists.
- Re-construction of crumbled brick pillars that support timber joists.
- Inserting DPM (damp proof membrane) to protect timber joists from rising ground moisture.
- Up lifting of wooden floors as a whole and relaying to close gaps between floorboards.
- Filling Gaps Between Floorboards.
- Thermal Insulation between joists to reduce energy bills.
- Installation of sub floor ventilation external air vents and bricks.
Once your wood floor has been restored, there are floor finishes to choose from. A range of grain enhancing coloured Wood Floor Stains are available to blend in with your surrounding decor, in addition a choice of protective coatings such as Hardwax Oil or floor lacquer.
Click here to view our portfolio of recently restored wooden floors.
If you require further information on our Wood Floor Restoration Services, please do not hesitate to call or email us.
We look forward to hearing from you.