The light oak hues are inspired by our local South Downs wheat fields in the early evening August sun. The wide plank style breathes relaxed, understated British splendour to any room.
This all real-wood floor is thicker than most engineered flooring at 21mm, for maximum structural strength, durability and a true, solid, luxury feel underfoot.
Choose either 220mm wide, or 300mm extra wide plank boards depending on the look you want to achieve.
Like most of our flooring, the thickness profile comprises a 6mm, solid European oak top or wear layer, bonded to 15mm birch wood ply base.
A few reasons why you might like Wiversfield Wide Oak
This sunny, light oak is one of the warmest and most welcoming colours you can choose for your home.
Light oak hardwood floors reflect natural light beautifully, making any room feel larger and more open – even more so with wide plank style floorboards.
They create a lovely warm ambiance that’s perfect for both traditional and contemporary homes.
Oak flooring is also extremely hard-wearing and durable, making it a great choice for busy family homes and commercial spaces with high foot traffic.
Wide plank oak engineered wood flooring is the perfect way to add some luxury and style to your home.
Surface Texture and Finish
These floorboards have already been finished by expert craftsmen in our Sussex workshop. So they’re ready to use once laid without any further treatment.
Wiversfield Wide Plank Oak is a smooth burnished hardwood flooring with a silky matt finish. It’s sealed and protected with an ultra low VOC, toughened natural mineral wax oil.
Compatible Design Styles
Not a complete list here by any means, just a few of the more obvious choices that work well with Wiversfield Wide Plank Oak’s light golden shades:
- Modern Luxe: This wide plank hardwood floor is an excellent way to infuse elegance into your home. The light tones and wide planks will give your space a luxurious feel, while the natural wood grain adds a touch of rustic charm.
- Traditional: Pale wide plank oak flooring is a great way to achieve a traditional look in your home. The wide planks and light colour palettes will give your space a sophisticated, yet relaxed feel that’s perfect for period homes and buildings.
- Scandinavian: If you’re looking to achieve a Nordic-inspired look, wide plank oak flooring is a great choice. The light oak hues and minimalist style will give your home a relaxed and calming feel that’s perfect for wide open spaces.
- Biophilic Design: For your inner plant lady/gent, wide plank oak flooring is an ideal way to achieve a natural look in your home. The wide planks give your space an earthy and organic feel, while the light tones beautifully reflect natural light.
- Minimalist: If you’re looking for a light and airy flooring solution, the pale oak shades of wide plank oak flooring will be ideal for you. The minimalist style is all about simplicity and functionality, so this flooring will perfectly complement your modern home.
How to care for your wide oak flooring
We recommend :
- Frequent spot cleaning with a micro fibre cloth and soft brush to remove dirt and dust.
- Be sure to mop up any spills immediately and dry the area thoroughly.
- Clean periodically with a damp mop or microfibre cloth, but take care not to get the wood too wet. Dry thoroughly afterwards.
- For an occasional deeper clean, use a specialist hardwood cleaner.
Spaces this would suit:
- Modern Apartments: for a luxurious and stylish feel on a budget.Minimalist Apartments: the light shades of this wide wide plank oak flooring are ideal for creating a light and airy feel in smaller spaces.
- Architect Designed Houses: for a relaxed, happy, bespoke feel in your home.
- Period Homes: for a touch of tradition and timeless style.
- Passivhaus: for a light, airy and sustainable feel.
- Open Plan Living: wide plank oak flooring is perfect for creating a sense of unity and flow between different spaces in your home.
- Small Homes: In the same way that mirrors work, a light coloured wide plank floor makes rooms look larger by reflecting natural light beautifully.
- Cafes, Bars & Restaurants: If you want to make your space more open and welcoming.
Pairing Ideas for Wiversfield Wide Plank Oak
- White Walls: Paired with white or off-white walls, a light coloured wide plank floor adds just the right amount of contrast, balance and interest. The light oak tones will reflect natural light while creating warmth and an inviting atmosphere.
- Grey Walls: If you’re looking for a more contemporary look, pair your wide plank oak flooring with grey walls. The light and dark tones will create a striking contrast that will really make your flooring stand out.
- Wooden Furniture: A natural wide plank oak floor looks great with wooden furniture, as it helps to create a unified look in your home.
Brick Walls: If you have brick walls in your home, wide plank oak flooring is a great way to soften the look and create a more organic feel. The light shades will also help to brighten up the space.
- Patterned Rugs: If you’re looking for a way to add interest to your wide plank oak flooring, try pairing it with a patterned rug for areas of contrast and interest.
Order a sample today, or book a visit to our showroom.
Floorboard Physical Specifications
Board / Block Width:
Board Thickness & Profile:
Floorboard Colour & Finish Details